Three and two pennies

Saturday, February 12, 2011

When I was three years old, my family lived in an apartment complex. I spent many days playing with my fellow three-year-old neighbors, Sara and Amanda. One had an older brother, one was an only child, and I had a little sister who was less than a year old.

One day we were playing in the back behind my apartment while my mother was folding laundry just inside when she heard the following conversation:

Sara: I'm gonna be the daddy because I'm three and three-quarters.

Me: I'll be the mommy 'cause I'm three and two pennies.

Sara: And you [to Amanda] can be the baby, 'cause you're just three.

Apparently we all found these explanations suitable because my mom says we continued to play as agreed.


A five-generation photo: Me, at about age 2, then from left to right: my dad, my dad's dad (my granddad), my dad's dad's mom (my great-grandmother, who we called, "Big Mama"), and her dad (my great-great-grandfather, who we called, "Big Daddy").




My kindergarten school photo.




Me at my little sister. I'm just guessing that we're about 4 and 1 in this picture. It's B.C. (as in "Before Chad", my younger brother who is about 6 years younger than me).


================

My own daughter is currently in kindergarten. I recently pulled out some of my kindergarten coloring and worksheets that my mom saved. When I showed them to her, she said, "You did a really good job, mom." I beamed with pride.





5 comments:

cheryl said...

I love this!!! That five-generation photo is incredible. How priceless to have that. How cute that know all this from your childhood. And your artwork is impressive. As Samara's abilities increase and teach CTR5, I realize that I'm stuck at a kindergarten level.

TheLittleDavisFamily said...

Classic story! This is reminding me that I need to take generation pictures with Kaden! You should make these posts into a book when you are finished. But you might already be planning that... :)

Kara said...

AWESOME! I love it all! Priceless stories.

I love the B.C. picture. Your smile is the same...except now it's older. :)

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

Well we all definitely know who your daughter looks like! I always thought you two look alike. Now I KNOW you two look alike!

Kat said...

"Three and two pennies!" So funny and cute!!!

It's so great you have the pictures to go with the memories!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP